Home / malware
First posted on 30 August 2006.
There are no other names known for Locknut.E.
Locknut.E is a malicious SIS file trojan that pretends to be patch for Symbian Series 60 mobile phones.
When installed Locknut.E drops a binary that will crash a critical System component. The result will prevent any application from being launched in the phone, thus effectively locking the phone.
Disinfection with two Series 60 phones
Download F-Locknut tool from ftp.f-secure.com/anti-virus/tools/f-locknut.zip or directly with phone http://www.europe.f-secure.com/tools/f-locknut.sis
- Install F-Locknut.sis into infected phones memory card with a clean phone
- Put the memory card with F-Locknut into infected phone
- Start up the infected phone, the application menu should work now
- Go to application manager and uninstall the SIS file in which you installed the locknut variant
- Remove the F-Locknut with application manager as the phone is now cleaned
Last update 30 August 2006