iStorage DiskGenie 1TB 256-bit Pin Code Encrypted Hard DriveBy iStorage
Posted on 01 September 2012Awarded "Gadget of the week" and 5/5 stars by the Times Online on 23rd January 2010. The iStorage diskGenie offers powerful hardware encryption in a compact, portable device. With an easy-to-use keypad and software free setup, the diskGenie is only accessible using a PIN code similar to using an ATM. Featuring AES 256 bit real time hardware encryption, it protects the data on the drive keeping it safe even if the hard drive is removed from its enclosure. Quite simply, the iStorage diskGenie is the ultimate portable hard drive and secure storage system. With no software to install, easy setup and real-time encryption, the diskGenie is the best way to protect your data, customers and your business. The conveniently integrated USB cable eliminates the need to carry around cables, so is perfect for using with notebooks and taking your data on the road. Its low powered, compact, robust design features a 16-point omni-directional shock mounting system, protecting the drive from drops and knocks.
Allowing the enrolment of up to ten unique user IDs and one administrator, it is an unparalleled business collaboration tool.
What is hardware encryption?
Real time hardware encryption performs its operation 'on-the-fly', encrypting and decrypting bytes and sectors of data as it is written or read from the hard drive. This delivers greater performance and speeds compared to software encryption.
- COMPLETE SECURITY with Real Time 256-bit AES Hardware Encryption and Pin Code Access
- EASY TO INSTALL no software needed
- CONVENIENCE with integrated USB2 no extra cables or mains power needed
- Rugged, PORTABLE design with shock mounting to protect from knocks
- ADMINISTRATION feature allowing up to 10 passkeys
- COMPATIBILITY with any operating system incl. Windows, Mac, Linux
- GUARANTEED with 3 year warranty